Six Mile Run House - East Jersey Olde Towne
The Six Mile Run House represents a combination vernacular architecture from both the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Originally located on the busy New Brunswick to Princetn turnpike, the house was moved to Old Towne in 1979. the rear section of the house may predate 1760, constructed with hand-hewn wooden beams and wooden pegs. It is one and one half stories in height, with wide board flooring and a loft on the second story. The larger, front section was probably built around 1820. From the direction of the stairway, it may be that the front section was bolted to the smaller section.