Valley Forge Monuments
The Valley is full of monuments to the divisions that camped here. The monumentsabove are placed at the sites where the different Brigades camped. To understand the vastness of the site, you need to remember that each brigade comprised of several company's. These men were housed in log huts containing only 12 soldiers each.
The monuments shown are listed below from left to right in each row and from the top row down:
- Distant View of the State of Delaware Monument to its soldiers who camped in Valley Forge
- Closeup View of the State of Delaware Monument
- In Memory of Nine North Carolina Regiments
- New Jersey Brigade Campsite in Valley Forge(2 images)
- Closeup of New Jersey Brigade Monument (2 images)
- Site of the Marquee, where General George Washington erected his campaign tent.
- Sterling's Division Monument
- Conway's Brigade Campsite
- Brigadier General Jedediah Huntington's Brigade Monument
- Major General Nathaniel Greene's Division, Muhlenberg's Brigade Monument
- Major General Nathaniel Greene's Division, Weedon's Brigade Monument
- Major General Baron DeKalb's Division, Brigadier General John Patterson's Brigade Monument
- State of Main and Massachusetts Regiments Memorial
- Major General Baron DeKalb's Division, Brigadier General Ebenezer Learned's Brigade Monument
- Brigadier John Glover's Brigade Monument
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Monument
- Brigadier Enoch Poor's Brigade Monument
- Brigadier Anthony Wayne Second Brigade Monument
- Brigadier Anthony Wayne First Brigade Monument
- Brigadier General Charles Scott's Brigade Monument
- Commonwealth of Virginia Regiment's Monument
- Closeup of the Commonwealth of Virginia Regiment's Monument
- Monument to the Unknown Soldiers Buried at Valley Forge
There is a great amount of information on these monuments about the divisions, brigades, and regiments who encamped here. You can even find out when some of the Pennsylvania units were raised and mustered.
The images below are available as digital downloads for purchase from the TML Images website. You must either have or create an account on the TML Images website to be able to download the digital images as the link to the file can only be available to registered users. Please read the End User License Agreement (EULA) located on the TML Images website for further details.